Cacciatore Chicken Breasts
2 servings- 6 points
- ½ medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- ½ medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless, chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- ¾ cup canned stewed tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp white wine or chicken broth
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- ¼ tsp dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 tsp pepper
In a large skillet, sauté onion and green pepper in oil until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm. Cook chicken over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
Add the tomatoes, wine or broth, garlic salt, rosemary, and pepper to the skillet; cook and stir until heated through. Add onion mixture. Serve over chicken.
Source: Taste of Home
Nutritional Information: 1 chicken breast half with 3/4 cup vegetables equals 272 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 462 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 4 very lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.