Chicken in Sweet and Zesty Raisin Sauce
4-6 servings- 5 points
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomato
- ¾ cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger or ½ tsp dried ginger
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp black pepper
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Brown chicken breasts 3 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and set aside.
To Skillet, add tomatoes, raisins, lemon juice, brown sugar, ginger, cinnamon, and pepper.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 3-5 minutes or until slightly reduced.
Add chicken breasts to pan. Cover and simmer 10-15 minutes until chicken is cooked through.