Overall, I found this recipe to be delicious! Simple mexican and similar to tacos!
- 1/4 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup crushed baked tortilla chip scoops
- 1/4 cup avocado
- Iceberg lettuce wedges and fat-free sour cream, optional
In a large nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, cook the turkey, onion and green pepper over medium heat until turkey is no longer pink.
Stir in the tomato sauce, macaroni, water, and picante sauce. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until macaroni is tender.
Divide between two plates; top with cheese, tortilla chips and avocado.
Serve with lettuce and sour cream if desired.
Taken from Taste of Home (lightandtasty.com)
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup (calculated w/o optional ingredients) equals 267 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 795 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Diabetic Exchange: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.